How to Clean Brother Printer
Brother printers are purposefully made for your convenience and come with an automated built-in cleaning system. If your device isn’t printing properly, your first step is to check the system. To perform a routine checkup, take the following actions:
- Press the “Go” button (1x) to ensure that the machine is in Ready mode. You will want to have a piece of A4 paper on hand.
- Open the front cover and the back cover of the Brother printer’s face-up output tray. There should be 2 green envelope levers (one on the left, one on the right) in the upright position.
- Press the “Go” button (5x).
- Close the front cover. The machine will start to enter the drum cleaning process, once it’s ready, the “Ready” LED will come on.
- Open the manual feed slot cover.
- With two hands, set the manual feed paper guides so they match the width of the A4 paper you have on hand.
- Slide the A4 paper into the manual feed slot until the top edge of the A4 is touching the paper feed roller, and then let go. The machine will begin the automatic drum cleaning process.
- Once the process is complete, conduct a test print to see whether or not that fixed the problem.
You may need to repeat the process a few times to remove lodged debris.